Medicare Advantage Plan Enrollment Information
Eligibility - Medicare Advantage Plans
Enroll now during the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP)! AEP closes on December 7, so don’t delay.
Enrollment - Medicare Advantage Plans
There are three different ways to enroll in plans: online, by phone or by mail. Choose the option that works for you.
You can enroll in most plans online. It's easy, secure, and available on your schedule. To begin, enter your ZIP code below.
Over the Phone
Call UnitedHealthcare toll-free at FED TFN (TTY 711), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week to speak to a sales representative who can walk you through the enrollment process.
To enroll by mail, download and fill out the paper enrollment form, then print it and mail your completed enrollment form to UnitedHealthcare.
To get UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plan enrollment forms (PDF):
- Enter your ZIP Code below and click the "Find plans" button.
- On the next page, you'll see a list of plan types. If there are Medicare Advantage plans available in your area, you'll see a number above the plan type.
- Choose one of the available plans in your area and click on the "View plan (and drug coverage) details" link for that plan. If that plan is accepting enrollment, you'll find the form you need in the Plan Documents section near the bottom of the page.
Eligibility - Medicare Special Needs Plans
To enroll in a Special Needs Plan you must have Medicare Part A (hospital) and Part B (medical), live in the plan's service area, and meet the plan's specific eligibility requirements, such as one of the following:
- Have both Medicare and Medicaid (also called "dual eligible").
- Live in a contracted skilled nursing facility.
- Live in a contracted assisted living facility and need the same kind of care as people who live in a skilled nursing facility.
- Have diabetes, chronic heart failure and/or certain cardiovascular disorders.
Enrollment - Medicare Special Needs Plans
You can enroll in some UnitedHealthcare Special Needs plans online. For others you need to enroll by phone.
Online or by Phone
Here's one easy way to find out how to enroll in a Special Needs Plan:
- Enter your ZIP code below and click the "Find plans" button.
- On the next page, you'll see a list of plan types. If there are Special Needs plans available in your area, you'll see a section on the next page called "Medicare Special Needs Plans" with a number above it.
- If you can enroll in a plan online, you will see an "Enroll in plan" button for a plan listed.
- If you have to enroll in a plan in the list by phone, you will see a phone number instead of an enrollment button.
What You Need to Enroll
- You will need the information found on your Medicare card, like your Medicare ID and your Hospital (Part A) and your Medical (Part B) effective dates.
- If you have a Medicaid Member number, you may need that, too, especially if you're enrolling in a Dual Special Needs Plan (D-SNP).
- And if the plan you're enrolling in has a provider network, you will also need your Primary Care Provider's name and ID number. To find this information, you can search for a provider now.
Meet with Us
Make an appointment with a licensed insurance agent/producer in your area